Friday, October 5, 2007

It's been way too long....

I can't believe I haven't posted in such a long time - seems like there are never enough hours in the day to do everything. While I was in a Providence I had lots of spare minutes.

Knitting is my favorite activity. I belong to many different groups and love each of them and the friends that I've made. I wish, though, that I could get myself to finish each project that I start. There is some sort of "high" derived from starting something new. I learned that in the 26 years I spent doing counted cross stitch.

I have made progress - I finished a Wallaby Sweater for my granddaughter, Ruthie.

My daughter, Jen and I met in Chicago on September 15 for my mom's 86th birthday. Great weekend - Ruthie was the star for sure. And Jen is expecting again. Hooray!! My family is growing.

Last weekend, I was in NC visiting my grandchildren, Alyssa and Jake. They grow way too fast. I made Alyssa a brown and pink striped sweater and vest for Jake. Unfortunately, I never did get to take any photos of them wearing their new duds.

This is Alyssa - age 4-1/2

And Jake - age 13 months

We took the children to a wonderful animal park in Maiden, NC called Buffalo Beal's. Here a few of my favorite photos that I took there.


And one more - this is Oliver, the kitty, who lives next door to my children. He was so interesting and friendly.



No comments: