Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wow - it's hot!!

Good heavens - it's hot in Nashville. I'm back from my doggy sitting in Providence, and I really do miss Petals. But, it's so unbelievably hot here that I'm glad I don't have a dog.

It's been a busy week. Knitting at the Library on Monday is always fun. Then SnB at Angel Hair Yarns was super too. Yesterday afternoon was knitting at the church and then on to Stillwaters Cafe. Now there was a perfect place to knit. We had a huge crowd and everyone had a good time.

Today is unbearable. I went to Publix and my car's thermostat read 106. That is just way too hot. Thank goodness the humidity is low.

I've been working on a precious sweater for my granddaughter, Alyssa, which involves intarsia. It's not bad - I'm enjoying it. Too many projects going though, but that's me. I was on the heel flap of my socks made out of Maizy when Miss Petals pulled the needle out of my knitting. I was doing magic loop and the pattern involves yarn overs - so that entire sock had to be ripped out. I tried, but could not get the stitches back on.

Tomorrow is our knitting group at The Knaughty Knitter - a nice way to spend a Thursday morning.

Let's hope this heat breaks soon - we need rain.

No comments: