Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's been a long, long time!

My goodness, it has been a long time since I've posted on my blog. And so much has happened.

I turned 60 last month - a new decade has begun. Hooray! I'm a senior citizen for most places. How exciting is that!! It does help when you go to the movies at night. I had a wonderful birthday - lots of celebration with all my dear friends. Wonderful chocolate cake made by Catherine and her daughter, Rachael. Laurie brought delicious cupcakes. We all had sugar highs that day. My children and grandchildren all came to Nashville to celebrate too. We had a fabulous weekend.

I've been in Providence, RI since last Monday doggy sitting my grand-dog, Petals - a soft-coated Wheaton Terrier who was none too happy to meet me. She was a bit of a handful the first few days while Karen and Mike were still here. She wouldn't let me move around the house without charging after me and barking like crazy. I held my ground - and now we are best buds. She had been having accidents - but so far - today was the only one and thank goodness they have wood floors. We go on long walks twice a day and have been to the dog park a couple of times. Only problem is - the park is in Barrington and it's quite a ride and I keep getting lost.

Knitting has kept me sane - I've managed to visit four different yarn shops. One was peculiar - all the yarn was in plastic bags - nothing to fondle. And no sock yarn. Another was in an old mill building - it was okay. I drove to Woonsocket to another this afternoon - and got lost, of course. Finally found it - but it was three flights up. Not exactly handicapped friendly, which is what I told the nice guy who owns the shop. He laughed and said I should be happy to know I'm not handicapped. The nicest shop was one that is closest to my daughter's house. I'm going to their SnB tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: