Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's Time

It is so time to go home. I've been here too long. Thank goodness I have my granddaughter, Alyssa's birthday party to look forward to on Saturday.

Today was sort of draggy. I had an appointment with my financial guy at 2:00 and that went well. Yippee!! I can afford to carpet my upstairs and my steps. That is exciting. I'm working on the Wopper Topper hat - got that pattern at Haus of Yarn. It's so cute. Don't know which grandbaby will get this one - but one time making it is enough.

I went over to say goodbye to my friend, Dolores. They are leaving tomorrow for SC. It's Will's birthday - I got him this keyring that you can attach to your belt loop that says - Old Fart. He loved it. What elsc an you get for an 83 year old?

Fun experience this morning - I went to the laundermat. Yuck! Hadn't been to one of those in ages - but I figured it was the fastest way to get my dirty clothes washed and dried. It wasn't, but I got a lot of knitting done. I also went to Border's and Barnes and Noble today - those coupons that came in my email this morning... had to spend them.

I did read a really good book this week - The Glass Castle. It was one of those you can't put down.

Well, guess I head back up to my room and watch a bit of TV and see if I can finish the hat tonight.

No comments: