Monday, April 23, 2007

It's Monday

It's been an interesting day. I got up about 6:00 - can't get off Central Time - and knitted on my sock for awhile. Figured it was pointless to hang around the hotel room, so I got ready and drove to Cary - a suburb of Raleigh - to go to ToysRUs to find a basketball hoop and stand for my granddaughter, Alyssa. Got there at 9:15 - store didn't open until 10, but there was Kohl's across the road, so I went and did some damage there. Two outfits for Jake, two dresses for Alyssa, and of course, two for Ruthie. I found what I was looking for at the toy store and then headed to the yarn shop. Oh my goodness - I wish I had had my camera with me. That shop was a disaster. It's an old and very rundown house. There is so much yarn - most in plastic bags that I tried hard not to trip over. The very wrinkled rug in one room almost got me. Finding anything was near to impossible. I did get two 16" Inox circular needles, two sock patterns - one to send to my daughter, Karen - and a skein of sock yarn. It was all too much for me. The lady there wasn't terribly helpful, but she did wind the yarn. Then I drove back to Raleigh and went to the other yarn shop. Oh dear - it wasn't great - but I knew that. Sock yarn was almost non-existent. I asked about it and was told that there isn't a great demand. Surprising - because socks are so big in Nashville. I did find a Minnow knits pattern that I will send to Karen - it's a little girl's sweater and one for a dog - and the dog shown is a Soft-coated Wheaton like her dog, Petals. She'll love it!! And she can knit it, too!!!

I got a surprise phone call from my Jen's mother in-law. She left here yesterday, got home after a bumpy plane ride to Minneapolis and never bothered opening her suitcase until this morning. She discovered that she had left half her clothes here in the hotel dresser drawer. Luckily, that room was still empty and I was able to retrieve her stuff which I will mail off to her tomorrow.

This afternoon, I took my good friend, Dolores, to the Gynecologist - my old doctor from when I lived here - she hadn't been in 12 years. She was scared - but all went well. Tomorrow we're having lunch out and then to our old stitch group.

No comments: