Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hi from Raleigh

Hello from Raleigh, NC!! I'm here for the week to visit old friends from the 26 years that I lived here. But my main reason for coming was because all my children and grandchildren were here for my Ruthie's baby naming which we had at the synagogue my kids grew up in. That was at 9 this morning. Friday evening was fantastic. I got to keep Ruthie for the night in the hotel while her mommy and daddy went to a wedding rehearsal party - my daughter, Jen, was the matron of honor. My son in-law, Jon's mom came in from Minneapolis, and she and I took Ruthie out to eat and then to the Temple for the worship service. I worked there for 10 years prior to moving to Nashville, so I know most of the families in the congregation. Everyone made a big fuss over Ruthie and of course, we grandmas ate that up. Ruthie was good - she loved the singing and "sang" along too. What was really funny was when the rabbi read in Hebrew, Ruthie seemed to think it was her job to help. We finally had to take her out for awhile. The best was after the service there is a social time. The noise level was quite high and I looked down and there was Ruthie in her stroller with her fingers in her ears. She didn't take them out until we got out the door. We all got together yesterday at Pullen Park, which is in the center of Raleigh. They have a great carousel and we took all the kids on it. Alyssa, who will be 4 on Wednesday, Ruthie, who is 1, and Jake is 7 months. They loved it. Of course, we had two grandmas and a daddy holding the kids - Ruthie even rode the up and down horse. I should have put Jake on one too - he seemed a bit bored on the non-moving one. At one point we were all sitting at a picnic table with the littlest ones sitting there on top. Jake started crying and Ruthie stuck her finger in his ear - we think she thought that would make him quiet. What a hoot. When it didn't work, she stuck her fingers in her ears. We all took the train ride around the park and Alyssa did the boats. Afterward we all went out to lunch. Ruthie got her first tast of wine this morning - and she liked it. She's too much - we went out afterward to eat and she sucked on a piece of lemon and then ate the rind too.

I'll be in Raleigh until Saturday - then I'm driving to Charlotte for Alyssa's birthday party - grandma has some major shopping to do this week!!!

No comments: