Friday, August 10, 2007

It's Cold and Rainy, But a Good Day

I'm not complaining, because I know the heat I will be returning to on Sunday -but damn! it's cold here for a Southerner. It's been raining all morning and a cool rain to boot. Taking Miss Petals out in this is not much fun.

I checked my mail about 10:30 and found an email from Karen -the owner of Fresh Purls - which is a LYS right here in East Providence not to far from my daughter's house. She asked me to make sure I came by before I leave for Nashville because she had something for me. It's a really nice shop, lots of nice people, and there SnB on Wednesday night was great fun. I had planned to go over there and hang out for a while and when I got there, Karen gave me a skein of Sunshine sock yarn. It's color way is Surf -really pretty. That was so nice. I had purchased a bunch of yarn there and took a class in how to make two socks at the same time on two circulars. It was nice to find a knit shop home away from home.

I can't believe that in about 48 hours I will be sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight. It will be so nice to go home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be wishing for that cool and rain in a few days, let me tell ya! It is awful back home. See ya Tuesday!

Catherine said...

Hey Barb,

I think I envy you the cool weather. You might be wishing to go back after you face the temps here at home. Looking forward to seeing all the new yarn yumminess and you'll have to show us the 2 socks at a time thing--I need to find a cure for my SSS!