Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My manic roller coaster day

I'm calling this day my "manic roller coaster day." It was a bit crazy. I had a 10 am nail appointment in Bellvue. Okay - that's about 25 miles from my house. Shouldn't of done this, but I so wanted a bagel, which made me stop at Bruegger's on Harding Road. That wonderful bacon and egg on a pumpernickel bagel about did my stomach in. I wasn't sure I would make it down the road - my belly hurt that bad. Oh well - that, too, did pass! Had my nails done and my eyebrows and decided to go to Best Buy. I've really been wanting a laptop. The closest store was at the new Charlotte West Shopping Center - not really on my beaten path, since I was eventually heading to Brentwood. I bought my computer - it's a Toshiba - very nice - web cam and all. I was very excited. Then I broke my blue tooth for my cell phone, so off to Sprint. I actually bought it way back in Cool Springs, but took it last week to Green Hills to be fixed. Again, not on my way, so I went to the new office in Brentwood. Oh well, what's another $59? Had to get a new one. It was already almost 1 and was supposed to be at our Tuesday knitting group at Brentwood United Methodist Church. Time out for a light lunch - drive-thru at Chick Fil-A for a salad, fruit cup and diet coke. When I got to the church I was already on "overdrive" and plugged in the new headset to charge it for an hour, after which I could pair it with the phone. Naturally, I couldn't do it. Lucky for me, my friend, Catherine, came to my rescue and we got it going. I couldn't concentrate on my knitting at all - so just as I was leaving, the people from Best Buy called that I could pick up my computer ( I had extra RAM put in). It was about 3 and I was going to our Meet Up knitting group later on, so I went home first. Talk about opposite directions. And the traffic was not good either. I checked email, turned on the lights, at grilled cheese and honeydew for dinner and took off for Charlotte Pike. I was chicken about going the fastest way on I40 - so I drove through Nashville. Bad idea - I shouldn't be so chicken. It took me forever to get there. Then off I went again to Sweetwater's Cafe. At least I took a couple of different scarves to knit on - I couldn't make mistakes that way.

I was totally trashed when I got home, but the new computer is so cool that it kept me going for awhile. But, tomorrow is another day. I'm like a little kid with a new toy!

Now I can't keep my head up - so goodnight!!!!!

No comments: